VOLUNTEER at MDCS
Volunteers are central to the mission of Mason-Dixon Community Services, Inc.
Mason-Dixon Community Services, Inc. welcomes volunteers of all ages and abilities to provide unique services for our clients. The following are just some of the ways you and/or your group can get involved with our Highland or Delta Centers:
1. Conduct a gift card drive to Shoprite, Saubels, Dollar General Store or Walmart to provide clients with the opportunity to make self-directed choices for basic needs such as groceries, personal care or other essential items.
2. Conduct a drive for healthy, non-perishable foods to keep our pantries fully stocked.
3. Donate surplus fresh produce from your garden or CSA Membership.
4. Host a fundraising event through your organization to support our programs.
5. Mentor an at-risk student by participating in our after-school mentoring program.
6. Contribute to a scholarship fund for low-income students to attend the Certificate to Career in a Year Program at Harford Community College.
7. Help to make a child's summer extra special by volunteering at our summer camp.
8. Deliver groceries to a homebound senior or person with disabilities.
9. Assist clients to select healthy food options in our client choice food pantries.
10. Assist with the delivery and organization of donations from area food banks.
11. Sponsor a needy child or family during the holidays.
12. Collect school supplies for our back to school supply campaign.
13. Volunteer to serve on one of our special event committees throughout the year.